News:

Please note these forums are mostly a testing ground for my SMF work and I don't really use them otherwise.

Main Menu

Run for the Hills! The world is changing!

Started by SleePy, Mar 18, 2008, 01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Finally, the first Release of SMF 2.0 has happened. Take a second to take in the shock and then read on about what SMF 2.0 has to offer.

The changes in this release from 1.1 are immense - and we can't list them all here. We recommend you take a look at the changelog on the download page - some of the highlights include:   

* Database abstraction including support for PostgreSQL and SQLite
    * Post and attachment moderation - setup through board permissions.
    * Additional group management features such as group moderators and joinable and requestable groups
    * Comprehensive user warning system.
    * Paid subscriptions to allow people to make a payment with PayPal to get additional group access
    * Personal message labeling system and new viewing options
    * OpenID support - to enable users to login and register with their OpenID account
    * Custom profile fields to enable admins to setup new profile fields in addition to the default
    * WYSWIYG editor, to improve the user posting experience
    * Ignore boards and ignore user functions - so users only see what they want to see
    * Scheduled events and mail queuing systems to add additional functionality to the forum
    * Admin and user logs to track who makes what changes to a user's profile
    * A moderation center to bring together all moderation functionality into one place for all people with moderation abilities

I don't get digg, but you can digg this sucker if you want.

Go crazy I guess and make backups before you click that download.
No siggy! :D